Sunday, April 20, 2014

Notes on a Resurrection

Death on a tree...
  
   Made from dirt
   Walking the earth
   Just as we were meant to be.
   Seductions offered, choices made... 
      Death came on a tree.


Three days in the ground...

   Dead and buried in the ground
   Living what we think is life, but unable to be found
   Unaware of the mirrored stone that binds us where we are.
   We try and try, but the stone we don't know we carry leaves scales in our eyes...
      We can't see the error of our ways.


The stone rolled away...

   Lo and behold, by grace alone
   The mirror shatters, the scales fall away
   We now understand the Way.
   So much to learn, shocked because we can't earn...
      Rescue and safety from our own bondage.


Resurrection...

   Living in light 
   Now we can really see that it's not about me
   A seed once planted in the dirt of my heart
   Grows into the tree that I carry
     That pierces me
     That lifts me up
     That gives me a new perspective
         
          Shows me Life.